VISITING A NEW PLACE can be intimidating and we understand the thoughts and questions that can come from a first time experience. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible when visiting OceanPointe which is why we want to tell you that at any OceanPointe gathering, you can expect the following:
- RELEVANT TEACHING FOR EVERYDAY LIFE
- JUDGEMENT-FREE ENVIRONMENTS
- CREATIVE PROGRAMMING FOR KIDS
HERE'S A SHORT LIST OF WHAT YOU CAN
SPECIFICALLY LOOK FOR WHEN YOU VISIT OCEANPOINTE:
- PARKING: Our space can be a little tricky to find because it's tucked back in a corner. It's easiest to just look for Home Depot. We will have clear directional signs to guide you through the front parking lots to a parking lot with plenty of spaces within a short distance of OceanPointe's main entrance. We also have 5 spots that will be reserved for expectant mothers and families with small children.
- ARRIVING: Upon arriving, stop in at the desk with the big sign that reads "First Time at OceanPointe? Start Here!" From there, you will be greeted with a smile and clear signs guiding you to everything you might need to know more about (i.e. Restrooms, Worship, Kids Programming, etc.).
- EATING/DRINKING: We'll have refreshments, coffee/tea and BAGS OF POPCORN for you at every gathering and you're more than welcome to take them into the theater with you.
- TIMING: Our gatherings will start promptly at 8:00, 9:10, 10:20 & 11:30 AM on Sundays and at 7 PM on Thursdays and they will last approximately 1 hour. Our main gatherings take place in one of the movie theaters with stadium seating.
- PARTICIPATING: Feel free to participate to whatever extent you feel comfortable. The gathering is high-energy and can be loud so don't hesitate to sit and take it all in the first time.
- FOR KIDS: Upon arriving at OceanPointe at Island Cinemas, you'll need to register your children at our OP Kids Check-in. To speed up check in, click here, print off this form, fill it out and bring it with you. All kids aged 0 to 5th grade can be dropped off at their respective, clearly-marked classrooms for the timespan of our worship gathering (age groups are detailed below). All OP Kids workers have had background checks and classes are divided as follows:
- Birth to 3 (and not potty-trained)
- Ages 3 to 5 (must be potty-trained)
- Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
- 3rd to 5th Grade
OceanPointe Christian Church (right next to Island Cinemas)
866B W. Main Rd.
Middletown, RI 02842